Chronicles of the K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street

animal, rescue

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Friends - Featuring Kenneth {Kenny} Zimmerle

PAULA SHENE

"Grandma, better known as Paula to her friends, has invited  one of her fellow authors on Bookrix, Kenneth Zimmerle better known to us as Kenny over to share his recent interview with Paper.Planes {Beth} at the Coffee Shoppe.  

And as a bonus we will share a link to his site too.  You'll like him gang.  He writes stories for kids and he loves us furry people too!" ~ Shadow

Paper.Planes:  Hello! I'm so glad you could make it today!  Please, take a seat. Could I get you anything? Tea? Coffee?

Kenny: I would love some coffee, but I need a lot of cream and sugar, I just started drinking it this year. 

Paper. Planes:   Okay, first things first; how old were you when you started writing? What inspired you to write?

Kenny: I started writing poetry as a teenager and then moved into short stories. My older brother inspired me to start writing. He was always trying to sell science fiction stories that he wrote, with just rejection notices to show for his work. He finally gave up trying. I see now you never want to give up your passion, even if it only makes yourself happy.

Paper.Planes:   Do you have anyone, perhaps a spouse or a friend, who you show manuscripts to and get advice from?

Kenny:   I show my fiance some of my work, but she always tells me she does not have imagination like I do. She loves my stories but no true input.

Paper.Planes:   Now, we all know the genre of your fantastic best-seller, but have you ever dabbled in any other genres? Is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

Kenny:  I like writing children's adventure stories and believe I will stay there. This is what makes me happy so I will continue writing them.

Paper.Planes:  Do you ever base your characters off of real people? Why/why not?

Kenny:  Some of my children stories use my fiance's daughter as a model. These stories are dedicated to her and her future.

Paper.Planes:  If you could have dinner with any author, dead or alive, who would it be? What would you ask them?

Kenny:  I would like to have dinner with Douglas Adams and would ask him if the ultimate question's answer is 42, how long would it take to get back to the begining of the universe from the restaurant.

Paper.Planes:  What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Kenny:  I would advise them to write what they like and never give up.

Paper.Planes:  And finally, do your novels tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

Kenny:  Some of my stories have teaching involved and hidden in the story, this way children will learn without even realizing it.

Paper.Planes:  Thanks so much for coming to this interview! You've been a delight. Oh! Don't forget your complimentary chocolates!

Kenny:  Thank you so much for having me here. You have a great weekend and thanks for the chocolates, still my weakness.

~~~~~~

Thanks Kenny for dropping by and sharing with us your interview with one of our favorite moderators in The Coffee Shop on Bookrix

Here is a link to one of his stories,  http//www.bookrix.com/_title-en-kenneth-zimmerle-service-dogs-and-diabetes    and we're hoping soon to have that link to his site. ~ Grandma AKA Paula

Kenny dropped by again today and brought us his linkhttp://children-books.org/

September 23, 2011 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.